Data Privacy Statement
Section 1 Information about collecting personal data
(1) We would like to inform you about the collection of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be attributed to you personally, such as name, address, e-mail addresses, usage pattern.
(2) The Controller within the meaning of Article 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
METAPAPER GmbH & Co. KG, Schulterblatt 58, 20357 Hamburg, Germany
For further contact information, please refer to the provider identification on our websites (legal notice).
(3) When you contact us via e-mail or via a contact form, we retain personal data that you transmitted to us (your e-mail address, your name and your telephone number, if necessary) in order to answer your queries. The data obtained in this context will be erased after its storage is no longer necessary, or its processing will be restricted if statutory retention periods apply.
(4) In the event that we wish to engage third party providers for certain functions of our services or to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you about those processes in detail below. We will also describe the criteria in place for the storage periods.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
– right to information;
– right to rectification or erasure;
– right to restriction of processing;
– right to object the processing;
– right to data portability.
(2) Moreover, you have the right to file a complaint about how we process your data with a data protection supervisory authority.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you only use our website for obtaining information, i.e. if you do not transmit any data to us in any other way, we will only collect personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we will collect the following data, which is technically necessary to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR):
– IP address;
– date and time of visit;
– time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
– content viewed (individual site);
– access status/HTTP status code;
– volume of data actually transmitted;
– website from which you are directed to us;
– operating system and its interface;
– language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies will be installed on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard drive in connection with your browser usage and via which information is sent to the entity that created the cookie (to us). Cookies cannot execute programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making our internet services more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, whose extent and functioning will be described further below:
– transient cookies (see b);
– persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies will automatically be erased when you close your browser. These include the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, by which certain requests from your browser can be attributed to the individual session. This means that your computer will be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies will be erased when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies will automatically be erased after a set period of time, which may differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies, or any cookies at all. Please note that you might then not be able to use all functions of this website.
Section 4 Further functions and offers on our website
(1) Apart from the purely informative use of our website, we offer several services, which may be of interest to you. For these, you usually need to provide further personal data, which we will use for providing the service and to which the data processing principles mentioned above apply.
(2) In some instances, we will commission external providers to process your data. We have carefully selected and commissioned them, they are bound by our instructions and are audited by us on a regular basis.
(3) We may also transfer your personal data to third parties where we offer special offers, sweepstakes, contracts or similar services together with our partners. You will receive detailed information when you provide your personal data or via the offer description at the bottom.
(4) If our providers or partners are located in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this on the offer description.
(7) On our website, users may register by providing their personal data. The data will be entered into an input mask and then transmitted to us and stored. We only transfer your data to third parties if and to the extent this is necessary for fulfilling our contractual obligations to you (Article 6(1) sentence 1(b) GDPR), e.g. transferring your address to our shipping providers as the shipping address, so that ordered products can be shipped to you. In the course of the registration process, the information arising from the registration form will be requested, and we will store the process. The legal basis for processing the data is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR, if consent is given. If the registration is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract. If the registration is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract, the legal basis for processing the data is also Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
Section 5 Objection or withdrawal of consent to processing your data
(1) If you have given your consent for processing your data, you can withdraw it at any time. The withdrawal affects the lawfulness of processing your data after you have communicated the withdrawal to us.
(2) Where we rely on the balancing of interests for processing your personal data, you can object to this processing. This may be the case when the processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you, which we set out in the following descriptions of the functions. When you communicate your objection, we kindly ask you tell us your reasons why we may not continue to process your personal data. If you have given reasons for your objection, we will examine the situation and will either stop the processing or adjust it, or will demonstrate to you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue with the processing.
(3) Obviously, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can communicate your objection to advertising via the contact details given above.
Section 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, an advertising analytics service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your usage pattern of our website. The information generated by the cookie about your usage of our website will be usually transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the USA. However, through the activation of IP anonymisation on our website, your IP address will first be truncated within the area of the Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, your complete IP address will be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. At the request of the website operator, Google will use this information for the purposes of evaluating your usage of the website, compiling a website activity report and providing further services relating to the website and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address that your browser transmits through Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You can prevent the installation of the cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly; we would, however, like to advise you that you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. Moreover, you can prevent the collection of data created by the cookie in relation to your usage of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics together with an additional feature, “_anonymizeIp()”. It truncates IP addresses before processing so that any individual identification of a person can be excluded. Thus, where there is any possibility of identifying you from the data collected about you, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be erased promptly.
(5) We use Google Analytics for analysing and regularly improving the usage of our website. By means of the statistics generated, we are able to improve our services and make them more interesting for our users, such as you. In the exceptional case that personal data is transmitted to the US, Google has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics is Article 6(1) sentence 1(f) GDPR.
Section 7 Newsletter and messages via e-mail
(1) With your consent, you may subscribe to our newsletter (if offered), which will inform you about our current interesting offers. The services advertised there are set out in the declaration of consent.
(2) For subscriptions to our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that, after your registration for subscription, we will send you an e-mail to the address you have given us, by which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you fail to confirm your subscription within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and, after one month, automatically erased. Moreover, we store the IP addresses used by you, as well as the date and time of your registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to demonstrate your subscription and to resolve any fraudulent use of your personal data.
(3) To receive the newsletter, you are only required to disclose your e-mail address. Disclosing other data (which is marked differently) is voluntary and will be used in order to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletters. The legal basis is Article 6(1) sentence 1(a) GDPR.
(4) You may withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletters at any time and unsubscribe. You can declare your withdrawal by clicking the link displayed in every newsletter e-mail or by notifying us through the contact details disclosed in the legal notice section.
(5) Please note that we may analyse your usage pattern when sending the newsletters. For this analysis, the e-mails will include so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are tiny picture files stored on our website. For the analysis, we link the data mentioned in Section 3 above and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Any links included in the newsletter will also include that ID. By means of the data generated in this process, we create a user profile in order to be able to customise the newsletter to your individual interests. We collect data about the time when you read our newsletter, which of the included links you click on and deduce your personal interests from this data. We will link that data to your activities on our website.
You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking the separate link included in each e-mail or by informing us via another contact channel. The data will be stored as long as your subscription of the newsletter lasts. After unsubscribing, we will store the data for purely statistical reasons and anonymously. Such tracking is also not possible if you have deactivated the display of pictures in your e-mail programme by default. In this event, the newsletter will not be displayed fully and you may not be able to use all functions. If you have the pictures displayed manually, the tracking explained above will take effect.
(6) The newsletter and other e-mails from the communication stream, which is initiated by forms and orders on our website, will be sent via “MailChimp”, a platform for sending messages by a US provider, the Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
(7) The e-mail addresses of our newsletter subscribers, as well as other data described above, will be stored on the MailChimp servers in the US: MailChimp will use this information for sending and analysing the newsletters on our behalf. According to MailChimp, they may also use the data to optimise and improve their own services, e.g. for technical optimisation of the dispatch and the display of the newsletter or for economic reasons in order to identify from which countries the recipients are. However, MailChimp will not use the data of our newsletter recipients to contact them directly or to transfer the data to third parties.
We trust MailChimp’s reliability and their IT and data security. MailChimp is certified under the US-EU data protection agreement “Privacy Shield” and thereby bound to comply with the EU data protection provisions. Moreover, we have concluded a “Data Processing Agreement” with MailChimp. This is a contract by which MailChimp undertakes to protect our users’ data, to process the data on our behalf pursuant to the data protection provisions in the contract, and, in particular, not to disclose it to third parties. You can find MailChimp’s privacy statement here.
Section 8 Advertising content related to usage
(1) This website uses the remarketing feature “Custom Audiences” by Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”). The feature enables us to display interest-related advertisements (“Facebook-Ads”) to users of this website when they are visiting the social network Facebook or other websites that also use the feature. In this way we pursue the aim of displaying advertising to you which is of interest, so that our website becomes more interesting for you.
Through the marketing tools deployed, your browser will automatically establish a connection with the Facebook server. We cannot influence the extent and the further use of the data collected by Facebook through this tool and, therefore, inform you according to our knowledge: By integrating Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives information that you have accessed our website or that you have clicked on our advertisement. If you are registered in any Facebook service, Facebook is able to relate the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered on Facebook or are not logged in, the provider may be able to find out and store your IP address and other identifying features.
Deactivating the feature “Facebook Custom Audiences” is possible [here and], for logged-in users, at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#.
The processing takes place for the purposes of and based on our legitimate interests in optimally advertising our website pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. For further information about data processing by Facebook, please refer tohttps://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Section 9 Linked content / “share” feature
Our website includes links to appearances in social networks, as well as the option to share content from our websites via social networks. By making this feature available to you, we will not collect personal data until you use the feature at a provider after having logged in. The privacy statements and data protection notices of the respective platform providers apply. We would like to remind you that we are not responsible for the data processing practices on third party platforms beyond our control.
Addresses of the respective networks and their data protection notices:
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on the collecting of data: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applicationsandhttp://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103-490, USA: https://about.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy
Pinterest has subscribed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
d)Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA; data protection information: www.help.instagram.com/155833707900388
(* This English version is a translation of the legally binding German original. It is for informational purposes only.)